07 Mar The 3D Visualisation Process
Here at Mighty Visage Studios London we have been creating 3D visualisations and 3D animations for nearly two decades. We have worked with clients from all over the world and created some amazing 3D visualisations and renders. This is the 3D visualisation process.
We have recently finished a project for Wirefox. Wirefox is an investment and development company that employs some fantastic architects. It is a pleasure working with them and we are pleased to be able to show you how the 3D visualisation process works using a few of their images.
Our 3D visualisers work closely with our clients to ensure the final piece is as good as expected, or better. 3D visualisation is an intriguing blend of creative talent and technical wizardry.
1. The first step in the 3D visualisation process is to get plans, elevations and materials from our client. Architectural plans supplied in dwg format are perfect but we can work with other formats. In some cases we have worked with sketches and basic measurements. In some rare cases we have even built the scene from a short description, for design purposes.
2. Our 3D visualisers will use the information provided by our client to create an accurate wire frame model. Using software such as 3ds Max by Autodesk the 3D visualisation starts to come to life. It starts to take shape and become more real.
3. Once the modelling is complete, a white material is used to cover the wire frame and give it some mass. This is called a ‘grey’. We produce a number of these greys to present to the client. This gives our client the option to choose which viewpoints they prefer and which will communicate their ideas best. It also allows the client to be involved – our creation is also theirs. In this instance we offered 4 greys, and option 1 was selected.
4. With the client’s choice having been made, our 3D artists will continue to work on the scene adding materials from the ‘schedule of finishes’. Lighting, background and accessories are all added in before being sent to our render farm.
Nearly 50 powerful computers then ‘render’ the image. Each small section of the scene is analysed by the computers. Using all the information given to it by the 3D artist, the computer will determine what it would look like in reality.
Post-production is then carried out. This is completing the finishing touches, adjusting levels, contrast and brightness. The result of all that work is C1 (Colour 1).
5. We aim to get C1 perfect. If the finished render requires a tweak or two, it is given to the client for ‘mark-ups’. Any changes or additions are marked on the original image for amendment by our team.
6. Once all the changes have been made the final image is presented to our client for approval. In this case, Wirefox, and their clients, were delighted with the result and it is one of many 3D visualisations we have done for them. More examples of work we have done in the past can be seen on our portfolio. We specialise in 3D visuals, animations and Virtual Reality (VR).
Here at Mighty Visage Studios we are committed to customer satisfaction. We know how important your clients are to you, and we feel the same. We will do everything in our power to make sure you are completely satisfied with any 3D visualisation you have us work on.
Whether you are a seasoned pro or are just dipping your toe into the wonderful world of 3D visualisations, we would love to hear from you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone on 0203 150 1755, drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the contact tab at the top of the page. We look forward to working with you on your next project.